1080 KRLD 'Your Hometown' live today from Globe Life Park in Arlington | Your Hometown Stories | Listen Live

Guests Evacuated Due To Smokey Fire

It was a rude awakening for some guests at Grapevine’s Great Wolf Lodge this morning.  Sleepy-eyed visitors were rousted from their beds just after 6 a.m. because a dryer caught fire in a laundry room, sending heavy smoke wafting through a portion of the indoor water park.  Grapevine firefighters went door-to-door to make sure everyone was out of their rooms.  About half of the two-thousand registered guests were forced to evacuate but they were allowed to wait in a restaurant and in the conference center.

Comments

More From CBS Dallas / Fort Worth

Drip Pan: CBS Local App
Drip Pan: Weather App

Listen Live