Guests Evacuated Due To Smokey Fire

It was a rude awakening for some guests at Grapevine’s Great Wolf Lodge this morning.  Sleepy-eyed visitors were rousted from their beds just after 6 a.m. because a dryer caught fire in a laundry room, sending heavy smoke wafting through a portion of the indoor water park.  Grapevine firefighters went door-to-door to make sure everyone was out of their rooms.  About half of the two-thousand registered guests were forced to evacuate but they were allowed to wait in a restaurant and in the conference center.

Comments

One Comment

  1. Nancy Huff says:

    My family was there and we were awakened at 5:20 by the alarm system. We were sent outside and remained outside at least an hour before we left the hotel to get breakfast. The hotel did offer those who stayed complimentary breakfast and since we didn’t stay, they offered us a discount on our bill. They did have at one point 12 firetrucks and a command center set up, but they did handle it safely and professionally.

Comments are closed.

More From CBS Dallas / Fort Worth

Drip Pan: CBS Local App
Drip Pan: Weather App

Listen Live