Wrong-Way Driver Kills Fort Worth Woman

By Stephanie Lucero, CBS 11 News

FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – A Fort Worth woman was struck and killed by a wrong-way driver on U.S. Highway 287 Monday night.

Terry Debo’s family wants to know if the other driver had been drinking.

Police say Debo, 46, was killed when the pickup truck driven by 61-year-old Michael Hairston slammed into her car, head on, after going south in the northbound lanes of  traffic.

“She was my best friend,” says Stacey Simmons, Debo’s daughter.

Hairston also died in the crash, which happened near the Blue Mound Road exit.

Debo’s family plans to ask the Texas Department of Transportation about installing street lights on that section of the highway.

They say they will also ask TxDOT for permission to place a commemorative plaque on the roadside where Debo died.

Comments

1. Robert says:

You know, I sent a note to TXDOT telling them that they needed to install spikes to flatten tires of folks going the wrong way. Got some STUPID reply and have read all this stuff about adding more signs. Folks DO NOT READ. This is a simple fix and does not need an engineering study. Flat tires work well in most cases.

1. TR says:

Uhmm How???

2. Mike Stevens says:

What a great idea.
      Talk about a no-brainer that will probably never get implemented by the brilliant folks who run our state highway systems.
      My applause goes out to you for the idea that could save many, many lives.

1. jordan says:

you’re right, that is a no-brainer. actually a very ignorant idea. that would increase the chances of a car travelling at highway speeds to have an even worse accident…potentially killing innocent passengers or the like

2. JB says:

take an innocent life – forfeit yours – – quickly – –

3. Tina from VR says:

She will be missed. We were just enjoying the Santa on the Bicycle in her front yard the other night. Her flower beds are always so beautiful with elephant ears. My prayers go out to her family.

4. Jennifer says:

My father, Michael was not a drinker and was not under the influence of anything. He was a good and extra special man. We love him dearly and miss him even more. Our hearts go out to Terry Debo’s family as welll. This was a tragic accident for both families.

1. Kaci says:

Very well said. Papa was a wonderful person and we miss him so much.

5. Amy says:

I just want everyone to know that my father would never, ever hurt anyone. He did not drink. Something had to have happened to him medically to cause this. Please to not jump to conclusions. We are grieving for the Debo family as well as our own.

6. Bill says:

Our prayers will be withTerry’s family as well, but Mike was a good man, staight tea was about as strong as anything he drank, and will be missed as a father of 5 and a grandfather this Christmas season too.

AND
    I agree with Robert!!! they install things to keep people from going in the out to a parking lot or similar just to save a few bucks.. HOW ABOUT SAVING A FEW LIVES!

7. Polly Singley says:

Michael was the knidest most gental person I have ever known,as the father of my grand children and my son iin law . He will be sorly missed. Love to all who are hurting ,may nGod bless and keep you.

Comments are closed.