Missing 13-Year-Old Girl Back Home In Irving

By Arezow Doost, CBS 11 News

IRVING (CBSDFW.COM) – A 13-year-old girl who had been missing since December 13 is back home.

The teenager was initially reported as a runaway, but returned home early this morning. She told her parents she was not harmed.

Irving police say the matter is under investigation.

Before her return an Irving Police Dept. spokesman said the girls situation did not qualify for an Amber Alert.

Before returning Tuesday, the girl had last been seen with two men who are currently in custody at the Irving Jail. Humberto Lorenzo Corona, 20 and Todge Varsia Thurman, 20, have both been charged with unlawful restraint.

There had been yellow ribbons and pictures of the girl in the yard at her family’s house.

The girl disappeared on a Monday from Lamar Middle School. She was attending a basketball game at the school, chatting with two girlfriends about getting a tattoo. Police say Corona and Thurman overheard a conversation she was having.

“He said… ‘I can get you a tattoo for free. Come on, I’ll take you and get a tattoo,’” the girls father claimed. “She made a mistake and went with him.”

When her father went to pick her up, the girl was nowhere to be found. The family immediately went to police to tell them she was not a runaway and may be in trouble.

Though police filed charges against the two men, officials will not go into further details of their involvement. Both men have a criminal history, including charges of burglary, evading arrest and drug possession.

Before her return the girls father had said, “I want my little girl home safe. I want her to walk in this door one day and say, ‘Dad, I’m sorry I put you through it, but I’m home and It’s okay.”  No word on if that happened.

Comments

1. Hemroidious says:

It doesn’t sound to good. I hope that she is ok.

2. Oh Really? says:

The girl’s mother just did an interview with Ch 8 this morning and the girl showed up on her doorstep unhurt but “very distraught about 45 minutes before the interview. She couldn’t or wouldn’t tell the reporter where the daughter said she had been, who she was with, or how she even got home, only that “she’s very distraught now”. There’s more to this stoy and I think even the mother knows that there is..

3. Ridiculous says:

@Oh Really? – I was watching this on the news this morning and couldn’t believe that the Mother was actually on the phone instead of being there and comforting her daughter. I thought that was terrible! Whether this girl intentionally left, or was taken, you need to be there for them….The news can wait.

4. Hemroidious says:

At least she is safe. I hope that she learned a lesson.

5. Steve says:

I am glad she is home and hope she is alright. If she was my daughter, she and I would be having a long talk about a lot of subjects. My best wishes..

6. les says:

this whole story doesn’t make sense . i think it’s phony !!!!!!!!1

1. asdfghjkl says:

emily wicks is part of my family, this was not a phony. no one in the right mind would fake this!

1. les says:

i guess you see my point .

7. les says:

this whole story doesn’t make sense !!!!!! i think it’s phony !!!!!!!

8. ddeendallas says:

There is something so fishy about this story that it stinks!!!

Comments are closed.