JOSHUA (1080 KRLD) - A 12-year-old Joshua boy is in a juvenile detention facility after allegedly poisoning one of his teachers.
Joan Munday missed work at Plumb Creek Elementary on Wednesday because she was sick.
Some of her students knew immediately what was wrong. They had heard that one of their classmates had put a chemical in her tea.
The boy apparently got the sodium carbonate from a science class. It’s a component of many detergents that can kill in large doses and sicken in smaller ones.
Police say at first, the boy denied knowing anything. But as investigators questioned him further, he admitted spiking Munday’s tea.
Munday is expected to recover.