Man Electrocuted In Arlington After Losing Grip Trimming Tree
ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.COM) - A 30-year-old man was electrocuted Monday afternoon after he lost his grip trimming a tree and grabbed hold of a power line.
According to Arlington Fire Department spokesman Pedro Arevallo, a friend was helping a homeowner trim a tree in the 1100 block of Southmoor Drive in East Arlington. The man climbed the tree and began cutting it with a chainsaw, holding himself up between two tree limbs.
Arevallo said he lost his grip and grabbed the primary electrical line that powers a nearby duplex. The man was pronounced dead on the scene. His identity has not been released.