2 Dead In South Dallas Convenience Store Shooting

DALLAS (AP/CBSDFW.COM) – Police say a homeless man walked into a convenience store in southern Dallas, demanded money, then shot two clerks and the owner when he was refused, killing the clerks.

A Dallas police statement says the incident happened about 4:30 p.m. Wednesday at the King Market at 2844 E. Ledbetter.

Police Sgt. Warren Mitchell says the man had been often seen at the store for three years.  The man was known for doing odd jobs for the clerks.

KRLD’s Steven Pickering reports

On Wednesday, he entered and told the owner that he was owed money. When the owner refused, the man pulled out a gun and opened fire.

Police arriving at the store found the suspect still in the store, and he gave himself up and a gun was taken. Mitchell says the owner is hospitalized with non-life-threatening wounds. No identities have been released, but Mitchell says the suspect will be charged with capital murder.

Comments

1. Pepper says:

Guns can be found at gunshows and at flea markets. Unlawful citizens selling guns without registering that gun. Any felon can buy a gun. Don’t blame the citizens that have a permit or license to sell guns, I will fight for my rights to own a gun to protect me and to protect my family. Remember The Luby’s Massacre. If one person had a gun, they could of killed the shooter.

2. nikki says:

i know the people who was killed they been running that store forever very sad

3. tanya says:

This store is in Oak Cliff, NOT South Dallas

4. me says:

The owner is my relative and im so sad to miss him

5. khaled says:

he was a real nice and a good family guy (god bless his soul and help his wife and kids) (rahmat allah aleeh)

6. Pipper says:

You never know what people are going through in life. A simple no or get out the way or leave me a long or come back later or not going to happen can cause you your life. It is said that it happen this way over a few dollars but you have to respect all people and treat people as equals. No one is saying that the men was a homeless man on drugs that did odd duties. He did duties for little money and when all his hard work he did and not receiving $10-$20 he just felt that he was tried of people messing him over but you wouldn’t expect for some one life to be taken in the situation. My condolence goes out to the family and the men in jail as I knew both and too me they where both equal. We cant do better unless we want to do better.

7. lady says:

my prayers goes out to all of them. He didnt have to take their life he should have stop working for them if they werent paying him, but i have seen them treat him really good, why did he hang out at that store so much he could have gone and found another job, yes times are hard but he would have kept praying about it GOD would have seen him through. GOD BLESS!

Comments are closed.