CBS 11 LIVE Interactive Presidential Debate 8:00PM:  Interact Online | Watch & Interact Online | Listen Live KRLD

Body Of Irving Boy Found In Maine Returned To Texas

AUGUSTA, Maine (AP) – A family friend says the body of a boy left along a dirt road in Maine is back in Texas for a funeral to be held this weekend.

Shirley Miller, a long-time friend in Texas, told the Associated Press Tuesday that the body of 6-year-old Camden Hughes is back on Texas soil. The funeral is scheduled for Saturday.

Camden’s body was released Friday by the Maine medical examiner.

The boy’s mother, Julianne McCrery, of Irving, is being held in New Hampshire, where she’s charged with killing the boy before leaving him in South Berwick, Maine. She was originally detained in Massachusetts.

Miller says McCrery’s father, her other son and the son’s father traveled to Maine to retrieve Camden’s remains. She says they didn’t meet with Julianna McCrery.

Comments

1. TiggyTete says:

Wow that is jsut so so sad.

2. Louann Smith says:

I cannot imagine a mother doing this to her son! I am so sorry for his remaining family that cared about him and would have taken him in a heartbeat if the mother had expressed that she could not care for him any longer. I will never understand the mental illness and evilness that some persons possess.

3. Coretta says:

This is really sad.

4. 2sister says:

I don’t understand how she could do this, either. I would like to point out, however, that not all people with a mental illness would do something like this.

1. Gumby Rules says:

“I would like to point out, however, that not all people with a mental illness would do something like this.”

++++++++++++++++++++

And you are living proof of this aren’t you.

1. HH says:

Most people with mental illness are unpredictable, and therefore should be dealt with accordingly.

5. gigi says:

@ Louanne – There is alot of information out there that will help you understand what types of mental illnesses there are. Mental illness and evilness are not synonomous.

@ HH – You really need to educate yourself on mental illness. The fact that most people with mental illness are unpredictable is totally FALSE. It is the ignorant person, such as yoursef, (that doesnt get educated) that should be dealt with accordingly.

6. Rodney says:

I hope she burns in Hell !

7. Jazzy says:

Dear Father in heaven Lord I ask you to touch the family, give them the strengh and a piece of mind touch from the crown of there head to the soul of there feet, I am a mother of a 9 yr old and I could imagin what that family is going threw. I living in the.Irving area so to the family Be Bless!

Comments are closed.