HURST (CBSDFW.COM) – On the run, weaving in and out of highway traffic, a fugitive riding a motorcycle led police in Fort Worth on a wild chase on Thursday afternoon. The incident started when officers found the man on the southeast side of Fort Worth.

That is where the chase was first triggered. “It was down in southeast part of Fort Worth, off of Loop 820, that they initially located him,” explained Lt. David Crook with the Texas Department of Public Safety. “Upon pulling up next to him and telling him to pull over, he then fled.”

The fugitive led authorities around other parts of Fort Worth, into Arlington, and ultimately up Loop 820 into Hurst. Along the way, he seemed to taunt the FBI agents, state troopers and police officers who were in pursuit. “He would speed up, then slow down. He’d speed various directions,” said Crook. “Go east, then turn around and go back west, and turn off on side roads.”

Authorities said that it was clear that the fugitive had no destination in mind.

That motorcycling fugitive was later identified as Terry Sillers. His record shows a history of drug and burglary convictions, and he has been paroled several times. U.S. Marshals had a warrant out for his arrest for a parole violation.

Blended into the highway traffic were unmarked police vehicles and plain clothes officers inside. As he passed one of those officers in a red pickup truck, Sillers exchanged a few words and finally pulled over. Police quickly surrounded Stillvers and took him down.

Although the view was obscured, one of the arresting officers appeared to strike Sillers. However, he showed no signs of injury as federal agents took him into custody.

Authorities had no comment on the take-down immediately after the arrest was over, only saying that Sillers appeared to give up. “He actually pulled over,” Crook said. “I guess he noticed there were aircraft and the number of units involved, and he pulled over.”

More From CBS Dallas / Fort Worth

Drip Pan: CBS Local App
Drip Pan: Weather App

Watch & Listen LIVE