R.L. Turner Teacher Charged With Sexual Assault Of Child

untitled R.L. Turner Teacher Charged With Sexual Assault Of Child

Amy Schilling, 33, is charged with sexual assault of a child. (Credit: Carrollton PD)

Updated: 6/27, 3:35 p.m.

CARROLLTON (CBSDFW.COM) – A 33-year-old Carrollton-Farmers Branch ISD teacher was charged with sexual assault of a child Friday, a spokesman said.

According to a release, R.L Turner High School biology teacher Amy Schilling is accused of having “an improper relationship with a male student.” According to a police report obtained through an open records request, Schilling had sex with a 16-year-old student in her classroom at some point during the week of May 23.

While Schilling bonded out of jail Saturday, some of her former students posted comments online and tweeted hopes and prayers that the charges against her are false.

“Yeah, I’m hoping it’s not true,” Jacob Noyola said.

Noyola, skateboarding at a Farmer’s Branch skate park, said all his friends had been talking about it.

“I really can’t believe it, she was actually accused of that,” the 16-year-old sophomore said. “If you had day to day problems, she’d talk to you about it. She’d help you out.”

Parents near the school and in Schilling’s neighborhood in The Colony were surprised at the charges, as well.

“She knows the rules,” said resident Colin Powell. “You can’t fraternize with students especially a student whose underage.”

Sexual assault of a child is a second degree penalty and carries a punishment of two to 20 years in prison and a maximum $10,000 fine.

Comments

1. Todd says:

It would help to know the age of the “child”.Give me a break and next time report all the facts.

1. 2sister says:

Due to what she is charged with doing, the child would have to be 16 or younger. If they were seventeen or older, they would only be able to charge her with having an improper relationship with a student.

2. TealF says:

Clearly, the report says he was 16.

2. bryan says:

where were these teachers when i went to school? scar me for life! please!

1. NiteNurse says:

There were teachers that did have sex with students back in your day only kids weren’t as smart and kept their mouths shut because they thought they would get in trouble too!

2. TealF says:

When I was in school at a high school outside of Fort Worth, we had three teachers get fired for this from my 8th grade through senior year. All three of the teachers were rather attractive women. Apparently, this kind of thing is rather common!

3. Gumby Rules says:

Anyone notice that the sign board she is holding in the photo is cabled to the wall.

Must not be a very good police force if they can’t keep a criminal from stealing their sign board.

1. undertaker says:

good point, lol, and i live in c-town!

2. Alex says:

It is cabled to the wall so they cannot use it as a weapon against any standing officer or against the officer taking the photo. How do I know? I toured a police station before and a kid asked why is it like that and the officer said to prevent it from being used as a weapon against officers.

3. elpay says:

Or, it might be cabled to the wall to avoid angry teachers from assaulting a staff member, huh??

4. Lucifer says:

OFFICER (after taking photo): OK, ma’am, now step over to this cell. Here’s some reading material for you to pass the time. It’s a pamphlet entitled, “So You’ve Wrecked Your Life”

5. foe says:

by the time police make arrest they have enough evidence like where the encounters took place who saw them there. tattoos or body markings..
    their emails and cell phone calls,. and other evidence

1. anonymous1 says:

No they don’t. You have been watching too many police shows on TV. In real life, they get this kind of allegation and just go arrest. THEY DO NO INVESTIGATION AT ALL. If they did investigate, this arrest may never have happened. The story points out that this teacher resigned 3 weeks ago. Now tell me, how is it in this age of high security in our schools where you can’t get into the school unless allowed in by the front office, that a NON employee was even in that classroom “watching a movie” with a student? She would not have been allowed in the building on June 2.

6. James at 15 says:

I’m pretty sure that if I had been the 15-17 year old ‘boy’, I would have been smart enough to keep my mouth shut, and I can’t think of one bad thing that might happen to my psyche as a result of all that jazz.The positives I can think of would be things like pleasure and confidence “Wake up maggie I think I got somethin to say to you” I’m sorry to offend when I opine that it’s just different for girls and boys. When the victim is a girl, it is a horrible, disgusting crime. But as in this case, it is most school boy’s fantasies. I don’t feel sorry for the kid so much as I feel sorry for her: the lovin from an inexperienced man/child couldn’t be that rewarding on her end.

1. c says:

Well you do not know the kid so you have no idea how he feels so please quit making assumptions.

7. Hoomofrinimaw says:

Superb website ! I will mark it in my favorites. thxx

8. Hemroidious says:

she is cute

9. jnt says:

i dont belive3 any of this.i think she is innocent.

1. TealF says:

Innocent or not, she’s fired. Which means one less teacher who cares about her job, maybe not as much as Ms. Schilling cares about her students, won’t be getting laid off, don’t excuse the pun – it’s hilarious.

10. Happy yo says:

Awww . … she looks like a scared deer

11. Becca says:

The student did keep his mouth shut, a janitor walked in on them. I was her student aide my senior year, she was the new “hot teacher” recently married, I’m assuming divorced, if not I’m sure it will happen. Tell me why my high school had couches in the rooms in the first place. I remember my English class having one and students doing inappropriate things, now the teachers are the ones doing it. At least turner made it in the news….

12. anonymous1 says:

Most people here think the police did an investigation to find evidence the charge was true before arresting. That is what they do on TV not in real life. They do not even as 1 question to find out if the charge was even possible in real life. If they did even a cursory investigation, some of those making false accusations would be exposed.

13. c says:

Schilling also had been reprimanded this school year for sending inappropriate text messages to another student, police say……

………But on June 2, the last day of school, a school janitor walked in on Schilling and the freshman lying together on the couch, police say. The janitor said the student fled through a side door and Schilling told her to knock next time.
    .- Dallas morning new