Rockwall Couple & Son Killed In Car Crash

MOUNT PLEASANT (CBSDFW.COM) –  A couple and a one-year-old boy were killed and a three-year-old boy was injured after rear-ending a freightliner tractor-trailer that was pulled over along the side of eastbound Interstate 30 Saturday just west of Texarkana.

Rockwall residents Leah Compton Eason, 30, and 1-year-old Luke Eason were pronounced dead at the scene. James Eason, 30, died at Titus Regional Medical Center in Mount Pleasant.

A 3-year-old boy was taken to Children’s Medical Center and is in good condition, a spokesman said. Public safety officials have not released his name.

A spokesman said the tractor-trailer was stopped “for traffic reasons.” The Easons were driving a 2009 Hyundai. James Eason was a fifth grade teacher at BJ Smith Elementary in the Mesquite ISD. Leah Eason had been an assistant principal at Florence Black Elementary for one year.

The district posted information about the tragedy on its Facebook page, calling it “a very sad day for the MISD family,” and added that the “family has had a positive influence on many young lives.”

Comments

1. Hemroidious says:

very sad.

2. Laura says:

My son was in Mr. Eason’s class 2 years ago. In his own words, Mr. Eason “was an amazing teacher who made me who I am today. He gave me knowledge and confidence. I will miss him.” I am a substitute teacher and have enjoyed getting to know him even better the last couple of years. He was a wonderful teacher, friend, dad & person. He will be missed by all who knew him.

3. 2sister says:

I’m sorry to hear about this tragedy. My prayers are with their family and the child who was injured.

4. heyitssarahp says:

I cried when I saw this story. I can’t imagine what this must be like for the little boy who survived. Praying for him, and the rest of the family who must now take care of everything that has been left behind by this young couple!

5. Tristen says:

He was one of my teachers at bj smith he was a great person.

6. Tristen's Mom says:

Regardless of how it happened it’s still a horrible accident. Putting thoughts in folks mind that it “might involve a cell phone” —Is a WAG! Wild Assumption–Guess!!
    Fact of the matter is so many of us use cell phones while driving, or the kids distract us. There are all kinds of reasons . Plain and simple— a wonderful family has been lost. Don’t be so insensitive to those of us who cared about them.

Don’t let yourselves forget, we each have numbered days, for reason that we do not know
    God wanted it this way.

7. Lavarocks says:

Mr. Eason was my nieces teacher this past school year and although I did not know him personally I knew him through her and her love for him. Mr. Eason impacted my nieces life in ways beyond our imagining and it is sad to think that an 11 yr old has to experience grief in this magnitude. To the families of Mr. Eason and his wife I send my sincere thoughts and prayers for your loss and to the poor child that has lost so much. May god be with you and yours🙂

8. AC says:

My thoughts and prayers go out to the Eason and Compton families. Leah was a good friend of mine going up, always kind and generous. Leah, Jim and Luke will be remembered dearly by all those who knew them.

Comments are closed.