Patriot Guard Rider Killed In Weekend Crash

ROCKWALL (CBSDFW.COM) – The North Texas Patriot Guard Riders, who provide motorcycle escorts for fallen soldiers, lost a fellow rider over the weekend.

Gordon Keahey was killed with a friend in a two car collision in Rockwall Saturday.  Keahey, who was known as “Tex” was also known as a true patriot himself.  “I really look up to him. He’s the best role model I know,” his 20-year-old son Justin Keahey said.

Gordon Keahey was a North Texas Patriot Guard Rider and so much more.

He was a father to Justin and an 18-year-old daughter, Karlie.  “He was an awesome dad and an awesome person,” Karlie said.

But during his 47 years, Gordon Keahey had also been a paramedic, a volunteer firefighter and an emergency medical responder to 9-11 and Hurricane Katrinia.

“That’s really what he lived for, is to help people I believe,” said Justin Keahey.

Gordon Keahey would’ve have been a soldier too.  But he couldn’t. “When he was a kid, he dropped a shotgun and it went off and it messed his hand up,” Justin Keahey said.

Instead, Gordon Keahey chose to honor those who did serve.

Mike Lambert, the North Texas Patriot Guard Assistant State Captain, said, “It wasn’t just lip service when he talked about honor and respect. He was one of those people that stood out in the sun and stood the flag line and was there.”

But Gordon Keahey had also lost a job.  “So, for the last six months, he’s been doing rides for the Patriot Guards, like, every single one he can,” Justin Keahey said.

Gordon Keahey was supposed to start his new job Monday morning.

Now, Justin and Karlee only have reminders of their father, who was not only a Patriot Guard Rider, but a patriot himself.  “I would say he’s what a true American man is and I’ll always remember him and love him,” Justin Keahey said.

The Keahey family is in the process of making the funeral arrangements.

Comments

1. KaiXan says:

Bless this man, who loved his country and his fellow human being. Bless his family.

2. Tracy says:

Rest in peace brother, God is waiting!
    Tracy Nix
    Patriot Guard Rider 2008-Present

3. Matt K says:

He was great freind of mine and I will always remember him!

4. Suzan and Karlin Hammer says:

RIP Gordon and bless your family …. you were always a funny and happy person you will be missed dearly

5. Amber Anaya says:

As a close friend of Gordon’s and as a fellow paramedic, all I can say is that we will truly miss this man. He was so much more than this or any article can express. With a deeper love for his country and fellow man than any individual I’ve met, Gordon laughed and loved his way through life touching the lives of each and every person with whom he connected. I for one, am better for having known him. As are we all. May he be laid to rest wth his beloved riders present.
    Amber Anaya

6. Justin Lee Keahey says:

I love you dad, ill remember the last time i hugged you like it was yesterday for the rest of my life

7. "Lori" D'Ann McDonald Martin says:

Gordan will be truly missed by all Kemp Class of 82 classmates!! We love you Gordan!! He was a great guy in school and obviously a great guy afterwards. To his children: Our prayers are with you.

8. Kristin Schumacher says:

Rest in Peace my sweet friend. You will be missed by all you have touched with your sweet smile and loving heart. Prayers for you and your family, as well as, that of Vicki and hers.

9. Bill Jones says:

Keep riding in the sky with us brother. I know there was an Honor Guard of soldiers waiting for you in Heaven. Watch over us as we continue to honor the heros who gave all for our freedom. We will remember you as we ride for a fallen Marine this week, knowing you are there with is.

10. Greg C says:

Gordo you will be missed. What a great friend, father and person.
    This is a tragic loss. You always were there to keep us laughing.
    God Bless…

11. Lori Simpson says:

I’m sorry for the loss of your beloved, his family & friends are in my prayers. His dedication & compassion will never be forgotten. May he rest in peace!

Blessings,
    Lori Simpson
    PGR-Charleston, SC

12. Rick Schu says:

Job well done my brother in christ. Your home with Jesus. Your real home. You were just passing through. You’ll be missed
    See you in heaven. Ride free bro ride home.

13. John Walker says:

I will miss a very good and close amateur radio friend. I was blessed to have met and known Gordon for 15 years.

God speed my friend, we will all miss you very much.

John C. Walker Sr.

14. marrie.thompson says:

GORDON , I DIDNT KNOW YOU EXCEPT WHAT VICKI JO HAD TOLD ME, AND SE SAID HOW WELL YOU AND YOUR FAMILY TREATED HER AND I THANK YOU AND YOUR FAMILY, THANK YOU FOR YOUR SENSE OF COUNTRY AND DUTY, AND IT COMFORTS ME TO KNOW VICKI WAS WITH SUCH A WONDERFUL PERSON INHER LAST MOMENT. REST WELL MARRIE THOMPSON

15. Robert says:

Rest in Peace TexStrike … already miss you. I only knew him from online gaming but I grew up in Texas too and felt a connection. We had a lot of laughs.

My best to the family and friends.

16. gary says:

R.I.P. Tex, I also only knew you online, but you were still a good friend there. and i always knew that you were someone great. i will miss you.

Comments are closed.