Survey Says Plano Is King Of Fast Food Nation

PLANO (CBSDFW.COM) – If America is a Fast Food Nation. Plano is the capital.  A Business Insider survey says people in Plano spend twice as much on fast food as everyone else.

The survey of 100 of the largest U.S. cities put Plano in the number one spot.

You could say Plano takes the cake, the apple pie, the cheeseburger, the chicken and the tacos!

How many times a week do people in Plano frequent fast food joints?  “At least three times a week,” said Carol Rouse.

“At least three times a week, probably four. Maybe five some weeks,” Michelle Smith said with a laugh.

“Probably, like, six, seven. Probably more,” Juan Cervantes said.

Could it be something in the special sauce?  No.  “It’s on every corner. It’s easy and it’s convenient.  Quick. And I’m in and out,” Michelle Smith said.

But a survey recently published in The Daily Beast also says Plano is one of the top cities where people live longer.

No word on any correlation.

“I think if you exercise, hey, you can basically kind of eat what you want,” Carol Rouse said.

That and fast food restaurants have definitely learned to cater to the customer. “Have it Your Way,” is the Burger King slogan.

Madison, Wisconsin ranked second in the Business Insider survey. Wichita, Kansas was third. And, if your curious who was last on the list of 100, it was Boston, Massachusetts.

1. darrell says:

thats just plano stupid!

2. robert mathies says:

now , what are the obesity statistics for plano ?

3. darrell says:

based on 2009 stats from, plano’s adult obesity rate was was 24%, statewide was 26%.

4. Ascot Boy says:

“Plain-o”, as us “Highland Park snobs” call it…

1. Old Money says:

LOL. Good one. Plain is right. Remember when Plano used to be regarded as a nouveau riche wonderland, full of Stepford Wives and Porsche-driving d-bags? That was only about 15-20 years ago. Now it’s filled with gastropods and bankruptcies. Funny how far a facade will take you.

5. Cole Younger says:

Fast food is why America has so many Fat A-s slobs now ,I never go into one ………….

6. The Mayor of Plano was awarded a scepter. It was shaped like a drumstick battered in pancake mix, dipped in chocolate and covered in sprinkles.

In other news, Plano’s mayor broke 3 teeth attempting to eat the award scepter.

7. Hemroidious says:

It is true though. Today I was driving on Alma near Park and I saw two bodies laying out in front of a fast food establishment. I could tell that they were dead from the oil puddle around the body. They were trying to revive them with in and out burgers, like CPR. Plano officials said that it is good when die this way, together with fries and katsup, Katsoup, ketchup? A Combo Meal.

8. Mike Dean says:

If my curious what?

9. Ron Hyatt says:

Brawndo. It’s got what plants crave. It’s got electrolytes.

1. C Bauer says:

Yep. Idiocracy is upon us. Good call.

“I’m the Secretary of State… brought to you by Carl’s Jr.”

10. Al Cangahuala says:

Is there a correlation to the presence of Frito-Lay in Plano? The reporting could’ve been a little deeper in this article.

1. Surely You Can't Be Serious... says:

What the hell are you talking about? Fast food is restaurant-based. Junk food is snack food that is grocery-based. This article is talking about FAST FOOD. Go back to Mars.

1. Al Cangahuala says:

If people value quick access to snacks (which one could argue that Frito-Lay employees might since they work there), would they also value quick access to prepared food? I think it’s a fair question (not saying it’s true; just wish the reporter had looked into it).

/most of my co-workers and I would love to go to Mars🙂

2. GO AWAY says:

Why would the reporter look into it? THAT’S NOT WHAT HE’S REPORTING ON. Do you want CBS 11 to start a mini-expose, a multi-part news report to satisfy your idiotic question?

11. Bruce Hunter says:

If “your” curious? It’s “you’re.” They aren’t interchangeable.

I blame the public schools

12. Kim du Toit says:

LOL I see lots of Plano Envy from the comments. We’re used to it; classic envy from the peasants who live in the hell-holes around us.
    But returning to the point: within two blocks of my house (okay, we do have large blocks), I once counted 15 fast-food places. Our family typically frequents only a couple of them. But with In-N-Out Burgers opening in Frisco and Allen… we’re doomed.

13. YRofTexas says:

I moved to Plano when the only “restaurant” was Poor Richard’s Cafe, but we didn’t care for it, so we’d run down to Richardson at 75 and Beltline Road at the “Golden Eagle” restaurant. We loved going there! And on Sundays, we’d drop by and visit “Youngblood’s Chicken”. Yep. Plano folk had to leave down to get a good meal!
    Them was the days! 🙂