DPD: Man Jumped To Death At Galleria Dallas

DALLAS (AP) – Police say they believe a man jumped to his death from the third level at the Galleria Dallas onto an ice rink surrounded by restaurants.

Dallas police Cpl. Kevin Janse said Wednesday the incident was being investigated as a suicide. The 42-year-old man has not been identified.

Fire officials said the man was unresponsive when medical personnel arrived at the Galleria mall Tuesday afternoon. He was pronounced dead at Medical City Dallas Hospital.

Janse said police would have no further comment as the investigation proceeds.

The ice rink is located in the middle of the shopping center, with the mall’s three levels overlooking the rink, which is below ground level.

Comments

1. darrell says:

if they have not identified him, how could they know he was 42 years old? was — DOB-00-00-1969 — tattoo’d on his ass? or is it that they know who he is but have not notified next of kin? or is this person socialy or politicaly important enough to not disclose his identity? did police used a crystal ball to determine his age? if they had you would have thought they would have gotten a name as well.

better yet, why dont we have reporters who dont leave huge gaps in stories when the information is probably there to answer one of my questions.

1. Juana says:

HAHAHAHA

2. 2sister says:

First, they probably talked to his girl friend.

Second, they aren’t going to release his identity until they notify all of his family. He was apparently from another state. I’m sure the police do have his name. They are just responsibly not releasing it.. It would be awful if they released it, and that was how any other family members found out about it. Also, they may be trying to protect his girlfriend and daughter from being hounded by reporters.

2. JaniceRocha says:

That just means that they have not identified him to the public yet. It’s usually because of pending notification of his family.

3. RussP says:

From what I’ve read, he did this in front of his wife and kids. Obviously he had some problems but to do this to his family is a real tragedy.

1. 2sister says:

I think later reports said that they weren’t with him when it happened. I think they came out right after it happened. Sadly, they probably did the aftermath, but just not the actual jump or fall.

1. 2sister says:

oops. I meant, “they probably did see the aftermath.

4. sadiedog says:

i have no sympathy for people that commit or try to commit sucide !!!!!! the least this idiot could have done was to do it somewhere else .

1. 2sister says:

I read that he was suffering from oppression. I think it is insensitive to call him an idiot or suggest that he just do it somewhere else.. Most people who commit suicide or not thinking rationally enough tor realize the that they could hurt or cause trauma for other people. I think we should show compassion for hurting people.

1. 2sister says:

oops. I meant depression, not oppression.

2. CB says:

sadiedog: I used to have the same attitude as yours until my brother hanged himself in June.

5. DUH says:

I am pretty sure they mean not identified to the MEDIA. I am pretty sure they know who he is if they know his age. Use your brain!

1. RussP says:

I kind of like Darrell’s idea of name, date of birth and social security tattooed on my butt. The when airport screeners want to see my ID…

6. Juana says:

They need to update this article because they said his name and that he is from Colorado on the radio when I was at lunch a bit ago.

1. darrell says:

the original post was around 2 and half hours ago, the associated press wont get around to updating until the next buisness day. then it will be a all new article.

Comments are closed.