The world of fashion celebration begins Sept. 8 for the third Annual Fashion’s Night Out 2011. Created in 2009, by American Vogue, the Council of Fashion Designers of America, NYC & Company, and the City of New York, this after hours shopping extravaganza will be a feast fit for retailers, celebrities, designers, storeowners, and those who love to shop! Offering a survey of delectable goods, this evening event held between 6-11 p.m. will entertain the fashionable with special prices, special events, and special designs.
What better way to get in on the celebration than right here in our area. Here’s looking to be the best and most worthy fashion party ever with our eyes (and wallets) setting forth on our most favorable destinations around North Texas.
Highland Park Village
47 Highland Park Village #200
Dallas, TX 75205
The fashion forefront in high end brands and retailers, is serving up an evening of exclusivity for the fashionable worthy:
- American Heart Association to host a party at Ralph Lauren.
- Jimmy Choo teaming with local Dallas magazine for the launch of new shopping blog.
- Scoop to present a styling soiree with local Dallas stylists and bloggers.
- Celebrating new and soon to be open boutiques Trina Turk and Stella McCartney throughout the night.
- HPV celebrates its 80th Birthday Bash in collaboration of the FNO festivities
- Jan Strimple Productions will helm two runway events staged during the evening.
8300 Preston Rd
Dallas, TX 75225
A very stylish store- Tootsies is always a fan favorite. Where the beautiful people go to shop, celebrate, and be seen. FNO will be no exception!
Enjoy a sneak peek of the fall featured brands, tastings, window models, dance floor, guest DJ and designer(s) and perhaps an invite to a special VIP party!
8687 N Central Expy # 1030
Dallas, TX 75225
Hours: Mon – Sat: 10 am to 9 pm; Sun: 12 pm to 6 pm
This shopping mecca will offer a prime location for FNO goers:
- Retailers throughout the center will host fashionable events and offer incentives that evening for FNO shoppers
- Neiman Marcus to host a scotch tasting with hand-rolled cigars by City Cigars, a Chateau Bonnet red wine tasting, and hair feathering at the in-store CUSP boutique.
- The “Fashion Podiums” will feature the latest looks from the name sakes of Oscar de la Renta, Herve Leger, Tiffany & Co., and Eileen Fisher.
- Beauty stations will offer mini-makeovers.
- Henri Bendel to offer official FNO memorabilia for purchase.
- Anthropologie will host an informal modeling presentation, while serving complimentary wine and hors d’oeuvres.
- The Dallas String Quartet, the Bart Marantz Jazz Ensemble and Brad Hanson will provide musical entertainment throughout the night.
13350 Dallas Parkway
Dallas, TX 75240
Hours: Mon-Sat 10am-9pm; Sun 11am-7pm
Head north to Galleria Dallas where “North America’s Longest Fashion Runway” will be on display in honor of the FNO occasion! Notable fashion lovers are in for a treat of exhibitions in and around this infamous catwalk!
- A quarter-mile runway will make its way throughout the Galleria, featuring a fashion show produced by Jan Strimple Productions.Be atop the runway and have your picture snapped by photographers as entertainers add to the fun ambiance.
- Galleria’s very own selected retailers will host soirees and provide sale items during the evening event.
- Fashion Group International (FGI) to host a ticketed cocktail reception outside Nordstrom’s. Cocktails and hors d’ oeuvres will be served, while the first 100 FGI guests receive an official Fashion’s Night Out tote bag.
- From 5-9 p.m., The Fashionistas, an exclusive fashion group will present a public complimentary champagne lounge at the center of the Galleria.
Neiman Marcus – Shops at Willow Bend
2201 Dallas Parkway
Plano, TX 75093
Hours: Weekdays 10am-9pm; Sat 10am-8pm; Sun 12pm-6pm
The fashionable should make their way to Plano where Neiman Marcus’ WILLOW BEND will be hopping with an array of fashionable fun from 6-9 p.m. Hosting on all three levels, this party is sure to top the cake!
- A Showcase of Men’s Fall Trends with a Runway Show in support of the Lone Star Ride Fighting AIDS organization and the Top Ten Fall Trends with a Fashion Presentation for Women.
- Meet jewelry designers Stephanie Anne and Mitchell Binder with King Baby Studio and view their fine jewelry collections.
- Enjoy and experience a Xen-Tan by creator and designer Dera Enochson.
- Watch Artist Scott Tucker paint his interpretation of FNO excitement.
- Neiman Marcus On the Go Yoga and Casual Wear presentation with Dallas bloggers Allison Edwards of Where Wear in the City and Jennifer Buxton of Real Posh Moms, along with a fitness demonstration by The Bar Method.
- Delectable treats will be provided by Pacuigo, Candy Corns, and Gigi’s Cupcakes along with hip beats spun by DJ Jonathan Ackerman.
- Miss Texas 2011 Kendall Morris in person who will represent the Lonestar state at Miss America in January.
- Home accessories designer Atticus Lyon will be on hand for a viewing of his collection of home gifts.
- Following the fashion shows, Neiman Marcus’ restaurant will be transformed into the “Red Room” lounge with complimentary red martinis, wine and champagne, set to the theme of Models, Music and More. Donations for $50 to the LSRFA for entrance into the VIP Red Room, open till 9 pm.
For all the fashionable scoop and up to date information on Fashion’s Night Out 2011 check out: http://www.fashionsnightout.com.
Cheers to celebrating a love of fashion with you in September!
Noted “social chair, event planner, and fashion go to girl”- Allison Edwards is a Fashion and Nightlife Blogger for Where Wear in the City: http://www.wherewearinthecity.com, dedicating her writing to the likes of fashion, events, nightlife, and anything in between in Dallas and LA. She also writes for Arts and Culture DFW, the Quick, and Pink Memo.