RENDON (CBSDFW.COM) – A grass fire destroyed several buildings in the southern Tarrant County community of Rendon Friday.
The fast-moving fire did not consume a very large area, but several buildings and vehicles were in its path.
Bob Hunt, a resident of the area, told CBS 11′s Andrea Lucia that he thinks he accidentally started the fire. Hunt said he was working behind his house, cutting a piece of metal with a power saw.
Hunt says while he was working he saw a spark fly from the saw into the grass behind him. From that one spark, he said, the grass caught fire and quickly spread.
Firefighters from nearby Mansfield and Kennedale helped get the fire under control fairly quickly. No injuries were reported.