19-Year-Old Charged In August Overdose Death
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Dallas Police charged a 19-year-old woman Tuesday with selling the drugs that led to the fatal overdose of Matthew Allen, 19, in August at the West Dallas nightclub Afterlife.
DPD officials also filed paperwork to revoke the club’s license, citing that management and staff knew about illegal drug use in the club.
“DPD’s vice unit took administrative action today to revoke the dance hall license of the business known as Afterlife,” Tuesday’s release read. “Evidence gathered during the investigation (found) the club’s management knowingly allowed drug use and sales on the premises.”
Skyler Brandt, 19, is facing a first-degree felony charge that alleges she delivered Allen the drugs that caused his death.
Afterlife is an after-hours club in the 1800 block of W. Northwest Highway that allows 17-year-olds and older to attend. Its owners will be allowed to appeal the revocation of the club’s license.