Bullet From Outside Kills Dallas Woman Sitting In Living Room

DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Bullets from gunfire outside a northeast Dallas house rip through a wall and kill a woman sitting in her mother’s living room.

The shooting happened after 10 p.m. Tuesday night on Campanella Drive in the Hamilton Park section of Dallas.

Dallas Police Department Senior Corporal Kevin Janse said a 53-year-old woman was inside when shots rang out.

“Unfortunately our victim, Margaret Robinson, was inside the house and was struck by one of the rounds that was fired into the house,” explained Janse. “She was taken to Medical City where she died from her injuries.”

It’s believed the gunshots were fired from a car. “Well the witnesses said they saw a vehicle stop in front of the house and fired several rounds into the house and then the vehicle sped away,” Janse said.

There were several other people inside the house when the shooting happened, including Robinson’s 83-year-old mother, but none of them were injured.

Police do not believe Robinson, a mother of four, was the gunman’s target. “The homicide detectives are talking to the witnesses [to] try to get a better idea of what took place and more importantly who would have done this and a motive,” Janse said of the investigation.

So far police have no suspects in the case.

Comments

1. Chris Julsen says:

This is a damn shame, that an innocent victim is killed, for what!? I am so tired of thug wannabes, that have to fight with a gun, like a typical coward. I guarentee this woman wasn’t the target. So, that being said, these lowlifes killed the wrong person. I am deeply sorry for the victim, she looked like a real sweet woman. I also pray for comfort for the friends and family of the victim.

2. rd says:

I was in the ER last night with a friend shortly before midnight. There was a large number of family and friends there consoling each other. It was clear that this lady was well loved by those who knew her. My heart hurt for those she left behind. My sincerest condolences to all of you.

3. Irish Hooligan says:

Any pu$$y can use a gun, fire into a house and speed away like a coward. How are these “tough guys” with their fists when fighting one-on-one? Probably pretty pathetic.

4. 2Real2FakeDaFunk says:

Tragic in every sense .. I am sure she is some one’s daughter, niece , aunt , friend and maybe a mother, … If the thugs will STOP and look at the big picture ..Look at what you have done to DESTROY not only someone’s family but you have also destroyed your own pathetic life/lives…. I pray for peace , compassion , understanding to the family , loved ones and friends of this woman . I also pray for swift justice , because as the perpertraitor is out roaming the streets , ain’t none of us safe….Do the right thing and turn yourself/selves in ….

1. MADB'CUZNO1CAREDABOUTMYCOUSIN says:

MY COUSIN WHO DIED AT THIS HOUSE WAS MY AUNT’S SON NOONE TOOK TIME TO CARE THEN MEANING THE NEWS, THE DA, DPD, THE JUDGE, THE PEOPLE IN THAT HOUSE OR ANYONE WHO WAS CONNECTED TO THE MURDER BESIDES US THE FAMILY. I THINK THAT THE BIGGER PICTURE REALLY DOES NEED TO BE LOOKED AT INSTEAD OF BEING LOOKED OVER LIKE THEY DID WITH MY FUXXING COUSIN

5. Tamika Allicandoissmile Coit-griffin says:

I HATE THAT THIS HAPPEN TO SUCH A SWEAT LADY. SOME PEOPLE JUST TAKE NOSENSE TO ANOTHER LEVEL. MAY GOD BE WITH THIS FAMILY THAT I KNOW PERSONALLY. KEEP GOD FIRST AND HE WILL SEE YOU THROUGH. GOD PLEASE ALLOW THE COWARDS THAT DID THIS CRIME COME FORTH AND SURRENDER FOR TAKING AN INNOCENT PERSON’S LIFE.AMEN

6. Joel Kent says:

I grew up in Dallas, and this is not the Dallas that I knew. I have no idea why anyone would be such a coward as to fire randomly into anyone’s home. You have no idea who could be injured. I am sick of these “wannabe” Thugs as someone has said creating all of this insanity, and pain for good people. I wish her family and friends all of the comfort that GOD can provide. She was taken into heaven and is doing GOD’s work there now. Please heal in that thought.

7. MADB'CUZNO1CAREDABOUTMYCOUSIN says:

THIS HOUSE HAS BEEN INVOLVED IN A SHOOTING BEFORE. MY COUSIN ( JOHNNY BARRETT JR. 10-28-2008) WAS KILLED IN THE DRIVEWAY WHILE THE HOUSE FULL OF PEOPLE INSIDE CLAIMED TO HAVE SAW N-O-T-H-I-N-G. HERE IT IS 2 MONTHS & 23 DAYS BEFORE WE CELEBRATE FOR THE 3RD YEAR SINCE HE LEFT US & THIS HAPPENS . HE LEFT BEHIND 2 DAUGHTERS, A MOTHER, A BROTHER AUNTS, UNCLES, COUSINS , A GRANDMOTHER, & A VERY LARGE FAMILY & WE ARE STILL HURTING FROM HIS DEATH & FROM HAVING TO RE-LIVE IT THRU THE TRIAL AS WE WATCHED HIS KILLER GET A SLAP ON THE WRIST BECAUSE NO WITNESSES CAME 4WARD. WE ARE A GODLY FAMILY INSTEAD OF REACTING VIOLENTLY WE PRAYED & COPED WITH OUR LOSS. IT HAS NOT GOTTEN ANY EASIER FOR US & IT NEVER WILL. I WONDER IF NOW THE FIRST 48 DETECTIVES & THE DA & DPD WILL DO THEIR JOBS NOW SINCE SHE IS A 53 YR OLD WOMAN & NOT A 27 YR OLD BLACK MAN & WILL THEY GIVE A DAMN NOW. WE GOT NO ASSISTANCE & THEY DIDN’T CARE THAT HE WAS KILLED & THAT THOSE PEOPLE WERE LYING. GOD DOESN’T LIKE UGLY & HE IS NOT TOO FOND OF PRETTY. MY COUSIN DID NOT HAVE TO LOSE HIS LIFE & I THINK IT IS SAD THAT WHEN HE DID N-O-B-O-D-Y CARED BUT US THE FAMILY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. rd says:

Apparently it got enough attention to be on the First 48 on TV. You should quit ranting and raving. It’s disrespectful to the lady who just lost her life. He got his attention, have a little respect. It’s not helping the friends and family to be ranting and carrying on like this, and you lose a lot of credibility. I was in the emergency room the same time the family was in there, and though I didn’t know how it happened at the time, I figured out someone had lost their mother, and my heart broke for them. You’re not helping anyone by being bitter and loud. And by the way, I wouldn’t use the word “celebrate” to refer to the anniversary of your cousin’s death.

1. MADB'CUZNO1CAREDABOUTMYCOUSIN says:

I WILL ALWAYS BE BITTER I LOST MY COUSIN & THEY LET HIM DIE !!!!! THEY LEFT HIM IN THE DRIVEWAY 45 MINS THE LADY WHO LOST HER DAUGHTER WAS THERE & SO WERE SEVERAL OTHERS !!!! I DO NOT WANT TO HELP THE SITUATION WE DIDN’T GET ANY HELP. KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT ABOUT MY FAMILY & WHAT WE DO. HIS DAUGHTERS ARE VERY YOUNG, FOR THEM WE CELEBRATE. THEY CRY ENOUGH THEY WOULD RATHER SMILE THAN CRY THIS YEAR. FYI HE WAS NOT ON FIRST 48 SO AGAIN KEEP YOUR MOUTH CLOSED. COMMENT ON THE SITUATION BUT NOT MY FAMILY. THE HOUSE HAS BEEN INVOLVED IN SEVERAL SHOOTINGS 2 MURDERS HAVE HAPPENED, THEY SELL DRUGS ALL DAY & NIGHT AT THIS HOUSE, AND THEY ALL TOOK PART IN COVERING UP MURDER NOT EVEN 3 YRS AGO SO AS FAR AS RESPECT FOR THIS SITUATION I HAVE NONE. MAYBE THEY (THE COPS) SHOULD LOOK INTO THE ENTIRE SITUATION I AM GLAD YOU HAVE COMPASSION, BUT THAT DOES NOT MEAN I HAVE TO. I LOST MY ABILITY TO FEEL IT WHEN I SAW HOW BADLY THEY TREATED MY COUSIN SO “RD” YOU NEED TO NOT SAY ANYTHING TO ME INSTEAD CONTINUE TO PRAY FOR THOSE PEOPLE…………THEY NEED IT. CALL IT IGNORANCE, COLD HEARTED OR WHATEVER BUT B4 I CAN HAVE SYMPATHY FOR THEM I HAVE TO HAVE IT FOR MY AUNTY WHO USED HER BURIAL PLOT TO PUT HER FIRST BORN SON IN AFTER SHE HAD JUST DEALT WITH THE SENSELESS KILLING OF HIS FATHER. OR FOR HIS DAUGHTERS, THEY HAVE NIGHTMARES & WILL NEVER HAVE A FATHER AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IN AMERICA WE HAVE A FREEDOM OF SPEECH SO I CAN SPEAK FREELY & NOT CARE WHO DOESN’T LIKE IT. NOW YOU HAVE A GOOD DAY & I WILL PRAY FOR YOU TOO.

2. rd says:

you’re the one that said the story was on the Frist 48, I didn’t make that up. so now you’re saying it wasn’t? Did this dead lady cause any of this with your cousin? If the answer is no, that is the respect and consideration I am talking about, the respect to her and her family. You do your family no good harboring hate in your heart, especially his kids. You’re teaching them to grow up hateful and bitter and that in my opinion is child abuse. As far as the neighborhood,if it’s that dangerous, get out. Be a part of the solution, not the problem. Yes I know we have freedom of speech, I didn’t tell you that you couldn’t talk, just suggesting that maybe things might be better for your family if you weren’t so hateful. In one breath you tell me to shut my mouth, the next you are trumpeting about freedom of speech. Try to keep your story straight. your hate and resentment and coldness hurts no one but yourself. You’re not hurting the killers, the cops, or anyone else with your emotions, just yourself. You’re cutting off your nose to spite your face.

8. jaydareedy says:

I WELL MISS U AUNT ANN U WAS THE BEST AUNT EVER N U DID NOT NEED THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT WAS NOT GOIN 4 U JUST CUZZ SOME HOOD NIGGAS DID DA WRONG DAMM THANG!!!!!!!!!!! BUT I WELL NEVER 4GET 10.4.2011!!!!!!!!!!!!! BIG JOHNNY I MISS U 2 U WAS LIKE A DAD TO ME N U GOIN BUT NEVER 4GETTIN LOVE BOTH OF YAL!!!!!!!!! R.I.P MY FAM!!!!!!!

9. Cheryl Cheney Fox says:

This is so sad and so very senseless! I watched the news report and by the time it was over, I was crying! I pray for these young ladies and I pray they catch the cowards who did this. So unnecessary.. My heart is with you ladies. Prayers for you and your family.

10. larry says:

Typical ranting. They talk about God and in the same breath talk about hate and how they choose to keep it brewing. They complain about the neighborhood but refuse to leave the ghetto. They refuse to respect the recently deceased in favor of ranting and raving and swearing and acting like the thugs they complain about. Hard to feel sorry for people who have to make a scene about everything.

1. MADB'CUZNO1CAREDABOUTMYCOUSIN says:

DON’T WANT YOU TO BUT AS I SAID IT IS HARD FOR ME TO FEEL SORRY FOR PEOPLE WHO PLAYED A ROLE IN MY FAMILY MEMBERS’ DEATH. SO NOW YOU HAVE A GOOD DAY TOO. I DO NOT LIVE OUT THERE I WOULD NEVER . HAVE A GOOD DAY LARRY <–TYPICAL IDIOT WHO COMMENTS ABOUT THE GHETTO & THINKS WE ALL LIVE THERE BECAUSE WE ARE BLACK (AGAIN READ I DIDN'T SAY I LIVED THERE MY COUSIN DID ) YOU OUTSIDERS SHOULD JUST COMMENT ON THE STORY & LEAVE IT AT THAT. YOU ARE WASTING YOUR TIME TYPING A RESPONSE TO ME IT MEANS NOTHING SO THAT MAKES IT POINTLESS THANKS FOR YOUR TIME BUT I COULD CARE LESS SIGNED A BLACK PERSON WHO DOES NOT OR EVER HAS LIVE/LIVED IN THE GHETTO ( IMAGINE THAT LARRY)

1. Barbara Mitchell says:

you realy should do your history on hamilton park it is not the getto…shows how much u know…some of the ppl that come to live in hamilton park may be getto but honey we are far from it..hamilton park is a black founded hood..just do your history befor you start talking about something u dont know about im born and raised..and glad and very proud to say im from hamilton park..and thats RNS…

11. larry says:

1. The word “black” did not appear anywhere in my post.
    2. So you didn’t live there….so what? The post was not directed to you directly, it was a general statement. The world does not revolve around you.
    3. Nowhere in the post did a request for sympathy for the killers appear. Try to pay attention.
    4. Apparently SOMEONE was living in the ghetto because they were there when the guns came a calling.
    5. You assume I am not black? Where in my post did you see that? Try to read a little more closely and not inject things that do not appear.
    6. The race card is getting old. No one believes it anymore. Thank JWP for that one. That and the ones who used the forbidden N word but throw a hissy fit if someone else does.

1. dopray777 says:

LOL~Good One

1. jules says:

The race-cards magnetic strip is worn out, no longer swipes.

2. ImpishLisa says:

You rocked in your pose Larry

12. darrell says:

you people are whack.

13. marcus says:

wow. got quiet in here. Did the all-caps gang go out on a drug run?

14. CAN"T BELIEVE PEOPLE ACT LIKE THIS WHEN WE ALL NEED TO BE PRAYING FOR EACH OTHER. says:

CAN”T BELIEVE PEOPLE ACT LIKE THIS WHEN WE ALL NEED TO BE PRAYING FOR EACH OTHER.
    Now after reading all these comment you all you need JESUS and I’m falling
    down on my knees right now asking GOD to watch over both family’s and Heal your Pain. We all grieve in our own way Look to God who gives us Strength. I’ve lost 2 brothers and it wasn’t to violence but they were young and life was cut short and I still feel the pain but I feel like GOD needed 2 angels so he choose my brothers. My heart is hurting right now for both families which I am a little familiar with both of the deceased but don’t put this out there like this and yes God is not pleased and he don’t like ugly and is not to fond of pretty. Earth has no Sorrow that Heaven cannot Heal. SO I ask in Jesus name to Rebuke Satan and Heal the pain that BOTH of these familys (Johnny”s and Margaret Ann). As far as Hamilton Park being the Ghetto I’m really offended by that comment because I grew up there and have raised my children there and they turned out to be two fine young men it’s not where you live it’s the type of life you choose to live I’ve always said it not you repretation that speaks for you it your character that define you. With being said may God Bless and Keep you all.

15. Barbara Mitchell says:

some ppl in this world ….i just really dont understand…my aunt was shoot and is no longer living.. and ppl are on here talking about things that have nothing to do with her..she didnt cause any pain to any one..she didnt desever this…but she is a peace now with the lord..and we will meet again..love u always..

16. CAN"T BELIEVE PEOPLE ACT LIKE THIS WHEN WE ALL NEED TO BE PRAYING FOR EACH OTHER. says:

Barbara you are so right baby and just pray for the negative people and take care of your granny and the rest of your family you are all in my prayers.

17. KLB says:

I’m sitting in class at my high school and reading the article and comments. MAD–your pain is understandable, but your starting to come across as belligerent. I honestly feel bad about the situation that you experienced but, I hate the way you’re treating the current tragedy. Marcus made a reference towards the CAPS-lock that your using.
    RB–its nice to see that there are still people that look beyond themselves to feel sorrow for another family/person’s loss

On my own note the race card is greatly over used, I understand that African Americans suffered/suffer prejudice but so do women of all races and other races in general. To the family I am so sorry for your losses I hope that justice is served and that one day you wounds won’t fester as bad as they do at the moment. Rest in peace Margaret, I’m so sorry you were take away from your family so soon

18. larry says:

Who brought up race? YOU DID. “Ghetto” does not specify race. Look it up Sunshine. dictionary.com is a good place to start. and Barbara, just because HP’s HISTORY didn’t start out that way, doesn’t mean it hasn’t or can’t BECOME that way. Most ghettos don’t start out as ghettos. They start out nice and then go downhill because of the residents. People driving through the hood shooting people sure qualifies. It’s even happened more than once obviously, (to the same family I might add) so it’s not an isolated incident.

19. Im from HP and im not ghetto lol says:

Ms. Barbara M…this is your sis and that was some RNS you said…..MAD im sorry for your lost but really dont thing GOD or your cousin would like what your saying right. you have the right to be mad about the injustice that was done to your cousin, but you must understand that this site is not the time or the place for this ignornace… i think its time to let go and let god because once you let god take control over the situation then all the did wrong that day will get what they deserve….so honey just pray and take care of your family and know that good is in control……i leave you now with this scripture and hopefully this helps you: I Thess. 4:13-18 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. 15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. 16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words….may the lord bless you.

Comments are closed.