Frisco Company’s Goal: Hire 100 People In 100 Days

FRISCO (CBS 11 NEWS) – Most people have heard of American technical service jobs being outsourced to India. Now, there’s a company founded by a native of India who’s finding jobs for Americans – and he’s doing it in Frisco.

Adil Adi is the CEO of WorldLink, Inc., one of the fastest growing companies in America.

“We’ve come as an immigrant here and we need to do something about this economy and we’re actually doing something by hiring folks here,” he said.

The company’s goal is to hire 100 people in 100 days. They’ve already placed 35.

Recruiting Manager Dan Kochanek said there are a wide range of available jobs “Everything from warehouse positions to high-level architects who are the folks who design cell phone software and tablets.”

In addition to engineering jobs, WorldLink, Inc. also has a team that designs software apps.

Like most American success stories, Adil Adi started small.

“From Bombay, I came from a place called Enid, Oklahoma. I came to the U.S. to do my MBA,” he said.

Now, Adi runs a company with more than 500 employees spread over several states.

“I’m living the dream right now, ” he said.

But it hasn’t been all business; Adi has managed to have some fun too. He owns a professional cricket team and on the day CBS 11 News was there he played a little in the office.

Adi said every time he lands in the U.S., from abroad, the Star Spangled Banner is his favorite song. In a beautiful tenor, he sang, “O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave.”

WorldLink, Inc. is accepting applications and inquiries at its headquarters in Frisco.

If you have a B.A. or Masters in engineering, you’re encouraged to apply.

Comments

1. Rick McDaniel says:

Nice positive story. We hear too little about the good things.

2. William Ross says:

Looks like the flood K.O’d the opportunities there!

3. V says:

This are the companies that we need to support!!! Wonderful story!!!

1. Jose Dejesus says:

I AGREE. OBAMA CUT THAT COMPANY TAXES

4. Linda says:

Not that kind of education, but I tip my hat, thank you for trying and thank you for respecting us!!!!

5. Pam says:

Very interesing but if you go to their web site and search for any job openings in Texas there aren’t any.

1. Sarah Sellers says:

Hi Pam – I’m the Marketing Communications Specialist here at WorldLink. If you head over to our career page and click “Open Positions” then click “Search” within the portal (don’t add any search criteria), then you will see the majority of our jobs are located in the DFW area.

Let us know if there’s anything we can do to help!

6. Jose Dejesus says:

I’M DEMOCRAT AND A U.S. MARINE…. THOSE ARE THE COMPANIES THAT SHOULD GET TAX BREAKS FOR KEEPING THE JOBS HERE IN THE U.S. AND FOR HIRING AMERICANS. .. WE MUST END OUTSOURCING AND H-1 VISAS…WHY DO WE ALLOW OUTSOURCING ??? IS BEYOND ME.

1. Melissa Scott Pickett says:

Jose, I couldn’t have said it better!!! I think we would all be in a lot better shape if the government would start doubling the taxes on companies who outsource jobs & give tax breaks to those who create new SUSTAINABLE jobs here in the US. Not to mention we wouldn’t owe so much freaking money to other countries if we started to be a little more self-reliant!!!

7. unknown says:

a requirement for the business grant from our own government but only eligible to minorities .

8. printstories says:

This news report made me smile. Thank you for that.

And, I’m writing Adil Adi a note right now thanking him for his American spirit.
    (while humming the Star Spangled Banner)

Cathy