TV, Radio Stations To Broadcast Nationwide Emergency Test Wednesday

FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – All across the country on Wednesday, television and radio stations will broadcast the first nationwide test of the Emergency Alert System (EAS).

At 1 p.m. Central time on November 9, broadcast stations will interrupt regular programming with a one-minute test notification.

The broadcast will contain the words “This is a test.”

The test will be similar to the familiar local EAS tests.

After the test, stations will return to regular programming.

Public safety officials are conducting the test to make sure the nationwide alert system works the way it is supposed to.  The system is regularly tested at the local level across the country.  Wednesday’s broadcast will be the first nationwide test.

Click here for more information about the test.

1. willy says:

funny been sitting here and going on 1:30 and didn’t hear or see it

1. TNT says:

I also didn’t hear it, but I may have been watching a non-broadcast cable channel at the time. I think the alert was just going to be on the channels that broadcast via airwaves, or whatever the hell the technical term for that is.

1. Oy Vey says:

Nope. I just read the “more information” section. All radio and TV channels, including satellite radio, was supposed to get the test. I heard nothing. The TV has been on next to my office all day. Never heard a thing. Typical government failure, OH, and it’s FEMA again. What a surprise. Good Lord…

2. dfwman says:

Wow. Guess none of you cared to read the whole article. The date of the test is 11/9/11, not today.

2. Oy Vey says:

WHOOPS! I read the whole article, but somehow didn’t notice the date. I must have assumed it was for today. My bad.

1. C Bauer says: