Grill In North Texas House Leads To Poisoning

GRAND PRAIRIE (AP) – Emergency officials say seven people have been treated for carbon monoxide poisoning after an outdoor grill was used inside a Grand Prairie house on a chilly evening.

Grand Prairie Fire Department Battalion Chief Cal Timpf says a family used the grill Sunday night in the garage, to prepare food, then moved the grill inside to help heat the residence.

Timpf says four adults and an infant who were transported to a hospital are expected to recover.

Two paramedics who went into the home, before emergency personnel determined what had made the five residents sick, suffered carbon monoxide exposure and were treated at the scene.

The National Weather Service says temperatures in the Dallas area dipped below freezing early Monday, after being in the 40s on Sunday night.

(© Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

  • Grill In North Texas House Leads To Poisoning — Me and the Chicks

    […] monoxide poisoning after an outdoor grill was used inside a Dallas-area house on a chilly evening. More from:… […]

  • Grill In North Texas House Leads To Poisoning « Fort Worth News Feeds

    […] Go to News Source […]

  • darrell

    our ancient ancesters in africa and elswhere learned that you dont have burning fires in unvented enclosures. it was so simple even a cave man could do it. how could 4 grown modern adults not know this was a bad plan? perfect example of too stupid to live.

    • txpatriot

      I remember during the Y2K scare that people were warned not to use outdoor grills in the house.

      While it may seem like common sense, apparently some folks think it is OK. I would not attribute that to stupidity — I would attribute that to lack of knowledge. There are many things we don’t know about — that doesn’t make everyone stupid, just lacking in knowledge.

      There’s a big difference.

blog comments powered by Disqus
The Taz Show

Listen Live