Grand Prairie Man Electrocuted While Hanging Christmas Lights

GRAND PRAIRIE (CBSDFW.COM) – A Grand Prairie man was accidentally electrocuted Friday while working on Christmas lights.

Jens Gardner, an electrician, was plugging in the lights on the building where he worked.

The owner of the business, Juan Dellepiane, says Gardner was moving a ladder from one place to another when it tilted backwards and fell into the power lines behind him.

Gardner was apparently still holding onto the ladder when it hit the power lines and was shocked by the current.

A witness said he heard a loud pop  and saw Gardner on the ground.

The witness said when he reached Gardner he was unconscious and smoke was rising off his body.

Dellepiane worries his employee’s instinct to save the ladder may have cost him his life.

More from Andrea Lucia
  • Grand Prairie Man Electrocuted While Hanging Christmas Lights — Me and the Chicks

    […] | December 2nd, 2011 Post Tweet The man was moving a ladder which fell into power lines. More from:… […]

blog comments powered by Disqus
The Taz Show

Listen Live