Dallas Man, 85, Dies Following Fire At His Home

DALLAS (AP) — Investigators say an 85-year-old Dallas man has died following an electrical fire at his house.

The medical examiner’s office says the victim Tuesday was Marvin Dorsey.

Dallas Fire-Rescue officials say an electrical short in the wiring caused the early-morning fire that was centered in a rear bedroom. Dorsey was unresponsive when located in the wood-framed home.

Authorities say Dorsey was transported to a hospital, where he died.

(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press.  All Rights Reserved.)

Comments

One Comment

  1. Patty Satarino says:

    Mr. “Marvin” Dorsey was a long time resident in the Club Oaks neighborhood of Oak Cliff. He was such a gentleman, loved and respected by all of our Club Oaks neighbors.Marvin will be dearly missed, and remembered always with great affection. Our heartfelt sympathy to the Dorsey family.

    For accuracy in reporting:
    Mr. Dorsey lived in a brick home.

Comments are closed.

More From CBS Dallas / Fort Worth

Drip Pan: CBS Local App
Drip Pan: Weather App
Drip Pan: Video Player

Listen Live