WEATHERFORD (AP) - A Texas man accused of torturing his former neighbor on a deer-skinning device is going on trial this week.
Jury selection is to start Monday in Jeffrey Allan Maxwell’s case. He’s charged with two counts of aggravated sexual assault and one count of aggravated kidnapping. The 59-year-old faces up to life in prison if convicted.
Authorities say Maxwell abducted his ex-neighbor at gunpoint last March from her home near Weatherford, about 30 miles west of Fort Worth. He was arrested 12 days later at his Corsicana home about 100 miles away, where the woman was rescued. Authorities say the woman apparently had spurned his advances several years ago when he lived near her.
Maxwell remains jailed in Parker County in lieu of $500,000 bail.
(© Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Broken Club Critically Injures Fort Worth Golfer
- Country Superstar Randy Travis Arrested For Public Intoxication
- DART Officer Says Crucifix Saved Her Life During Shooting
- Sheriff Arrests Parents Of Toddler Mauled By Dogs
- Khloe Questions Kat Graham About Kardashian Crush