MORGANTOWN, WV(AP) – West Virginia University will pay the Big East $20 million to settle a lawsuit that clears the way for the Mountaineers to join the Big 12 in July.
A person familiar with the agreement revealed the settlement amount but did not know how much money would come from the university and how much the Big 12 may contribute.
The school announced Tuesday it had reached a settlement, but Athletic Director Oliver Luck would not reveal terms of the deal. He said no state, taxpayer, tuition or other academic dollars will be used in the settlement.
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Also Check Out:
- Broken Club Critically Injures Fort Worth Golfer
- Country Superstar Randy Travis Arrested For Public Intoxication
- DART Officer Says Crucifix Saved Her Life During Shooting
- Sheriff Arrests Parents Of Toddler Mauled By Dogs
- Khloe Questions Kat Graham About Kardashian Crush