No. 1 Baylor Women Beat Oklahoma State 83-51
STILLWATER, OK (AP) – Brittney Griner had 28 points and 10 rebounds, Kimetria Hayden scored a season-high 20 points and top-ranked Baylor remained perfect this season by beating Oklahoma State 83-51 on Wednesday night.
The Bears (26-0, 13-0 Big 12) easily avoided an upset in an arena that’s been unfriendly at times over the years. Baylor had a losing record in Stillwater coming into the game and had teams ranked in the top 5 lose at Oklahoma State twice in the past four years.
Griner made sure there was no chance for history to repeat itself, making 11 of 17 shots and also blocking six on the other end. Hayden provided only the second 20-point game of her career, with the other coming against the Cowgirls two years ago in her first career start.
Taylor Schippers led Oklahoma State (13-9, 5-8) with 11 points.
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Also Check Out:
- Broken Club Critically Injures Fort Worth Golfer
- Country Superstar Randy Travis Arrested For Public Intoxication
- DART Officer Says Crucifix Saved Her Life During Shooting
- Sheriff Arrests Parents Of Toddler Mauled By Dogs
- Khloe Questions Kat Graham About Kardashian Crush