DALLAS (AP) – Three Texas men whom federal officials say were linked to a gun used in a U.S. agent’s death in Mexico have been sentenced after pleading guilty to weapons charges.
Ranferi Osorio, Kelvin Leon Morrison and Luis Carbajal were sentenced Tuesday for their November guilty pleas. U.S. District Judge Sam Lindsay of Dallas sentenced Osorio to 10 years in prison, Morrison to 2 1/2 years in prison, and Carbajal to two years of probation.
According to federal complaints filed previously, investigators said the men met a confidential informant near Dallas in November and gave him 40 guns to take into Mexico.
Authorities later learned that a gun purchased in October by another member of the ring was used in an on two ICE agents, killing one and wounding another.
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Also Check Out:
- Sign Linguage: The Best Jeremy Lin Fan Signs
- Drug Bust Ends With 17 TCU Students Arrested
- Some Offended By Half-Staff Flag For Whitney Houston
- Son Of Willie Nelson Works To Make His Own Mark
- Call Of Duty Game Leads To Prank Lewisville 911 Call