screen shot 2012 02 21 at 6 25 04 pm Woman Doused In Gasoline At Saginaw Antique Mall

Sisters Antique Mall in Saginaw. (Credit: Google Maps)

SAGINAW (CBSDFW.COM) – The owner of an antique mall suffered chemical burns when a suspect doused her and the store in gasoline and set the building ablaze, authorities at the scene said.

The victim escaped the store before the suspect triggered the fire, but was injured by the caustic gasoline, said Saginaw PD spokesman Damon Ing.

Eagle Mountain Lake and Lake Worth Fire Departments responded to the fire at Sisters Antique Mall at 128 Saginaw Blvd. around 5:20 p.m. Wednesday.

The 6,000-square foot building was a total loss, Ing said.

Vendors inside the antique mall said they were lucky to escape in time.

“I heard it inside my store and I could smell a smell,” said Ron Alford, a vendor.

Alford said the suspect and the owner got into an argument and “threw gasoline on her and said ‘I’m going to burn you and your store down.'”

Ing was unsure if the gasoline was intended for the items inside the antique mall or for the woman herself.

Thus far, the suspect has only been identified a man. Investigators are reviewing surveillance footage inside the building.

Also Check Out: