FORT WORTH (AP) - Police are investigating the death of a North Texas man found beaten after his arrest on an alcohol-related charge.
The Tarrant County Medical Examiner’s Office on Tuesday had not yet ruled on a cause or manner of death for 45-year-old Larry Sternberg of Fort Worth.
The Fort Worth Star-Telegram reported Monday that Fort Worth police believe Sternberg was beaten and kicked while in a law enforcement holding tank. He died Feb. 14 at a hospital.
Police records show Sternberg was arrested Jan. 6 on suspicion of public intoxication. Hospital officials told police that Sternberg apparently had been kicked several times in the face while unconscious. He suffered head and facial fractures.
The police report did not identify an alleged assailant.
(© Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Sign Linguage: The Best Jeremy Lin Fan Signs
- Drug Bust Ends With 17 TCU Students Arrested
- Some Offended By Half-Staff Flag For Whitney Houston
- Son Of Willie Nelson Works To Make His Own Mark
- Call Of Duty Game Leads To Prank Lewisville 911 Call