WACO (AP) - Baylor guard Shanay Washington has torn her anterior cruciate ligament again.
The school said Wednesday that Washington reinjured her surgically repaired left knee in the top-ranked Lady Bears’ victory over Texas the previous night.
Coach Kim Mulkey says an MRI confirmed the torn ACL. It is the fifth such knee injury for the sophomore guard, including twice tearing the ACL in her right knee in high school.
Washington, who returned just a month ago from the previous left knee injury after starting the first five games last season, crumbled to the floor with 16 seconds left Tuesday night. She immediately grabbed the bulky brace protecting her knee and could be heard crying.
The Lady Bears (28-0) won 80-59 to clinch the outright Big 12 title.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Fed Up With Menu, Texas Students Stage Lunchroom Boycott
- Texas Ranchers Face New Cattle Rustling Threat
- Woman Details Escaping Enslavement In Texas Home
- Some Offended By Half-Staff Flag For Whitney Houston
- Call Of Duty Game Leads To Prank Lewisville 911 Call