DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – The money troubles at the U.S. Postal Service will mean a consolidation of mail processing in North Texas.
After a 5 month study, the postal service is announcing that incoming mail processing will now all happen at the Fort Worth processing center. That will mean shutting down the Dallas processing center, but there will be no change in post office box operations, passport processing or vehicle maintenance in Dallas.
KRLD’s Matt Thomas Reports:
The postal service has seen a 25 percent drop in first class mail volume over the past 5 years. A release from the USPS gives no timeline for the consolidation, and provides no information on how many layoffs might result.
Also Check Out:
- Fed Up With Menu, Texas Students Stage Lunchroom Boycott
- Texas Ranchers Face New Cattle Rustling Threat
- Woman Details Escaping Enslavement In Texas Home
- Some Offended By Half-Staff Flag For Whitney Houston
- Call Of Duty Game Leads To Prank Lewisville 911 Call