DAYTONA BEACH, FL AP) - NASCAR president Mike Helton says the Daytona 500 will start Monday night at 7:00 p.m (Eastern) 6:00 p.m. (Central).
Heavy rain soaked Daytona International Speedway on Sunday, forcing NASCAR to postpone the event for the first time in its 54-year history.
The 500-mile race initially was rescheduled for noon Monday. It was still raining Monday morning.
Carl Edwards, runner-up to Tony Stewart in last year’s championship race, will start from the pole. Former IndyCar star Danica Patrick will make her Daytona 500 debut.
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Editors Note: Get details on how you can win a meet-and-greet with the 2012 Daytona 500 winner and suite tickets to a Dallas Mavericks game.
Also Check Out:
- Fed Up With Menu, Texas Students Stage Lunchroom Boycott
- Texas Ranchers Face New Cattle Rustling Threat
- Woman Details Escaping Enslavement In Texas Home
- Some Offended By Half-Staff Flag For Whitney Houston
- Call Of Duty Game Leads To Prank Lewisville 911 Call