LUBBOCK (AP) – Texas Tech coach Tommy Tuberville is being accused of defrauding investors out of more $1.7 million in Alabama following his tenure at Auburn.
A federal lawsuit filed Friday in Montgomery, Ala., names Tuberville, John David Stroud and eight investment entities as defendants, claiming the two men “employed devices, schemes, and artifices to defraud” seven plaintiffs from Arkansas, Alabama and Tennessee.
The suit says Tuberville and Stroud misappropriated assets, and falsified client statements and fund performance reports as they “unjustly enriched themselves” at the expense of the investors.
Tuberville, who spent two seasons away from coaching after leaving Auburn in 2008, did not immediately return a message left with Texas Tech seeking comment.
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Also Check Out:
- Fed Up With Menu, Texas Students Stage Lunchroom Boycott
- Texas Ranchers Face New Cattle Rustling Threat
- Woman Details Escaping Enslavement In Texas Home
- Some Offended By Half-Staff Flag For Whitney Houston
- Call Of Duty Game Leads To Prank Lewisville 911 Call