WACO (AP) - PGA Tour golfer Fred Couples, Texas football coach Mack Brown and Texas A&M women’s basketball coach Gary Blair are among new Texas Sports Hall of Fame inductees.
G.A. Moore Jr., the winningest Texas high school football coach with 429 wins and eight state championships, is also among 10 inducted Wednesday night.
Beaumont-born Bubba Smith played defensive end for the 1970 Super Bowl champion Baltimore Colts. Gladewater native Lovie Smith coached the 2006 NFC champion Chicago Bears, and Houston’s Andre Ware won the 1989 Heisman Trophy.
Dave Parks was an All-SWC receiver at Texas Tech in 1962 and 1963 before 10 NFL seasons. San Antonio native Tobin Rote was a Green Bay Packers Hall of Fame quarterback, and Texas A&M’s Shawn Andaya had an NCAA softball record 1,234 strikeouts.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Fort Worth Naked Man Sentenced To 18 Years In Prison
- Rockwall Doc Charged In Biggest U.S. Healthcare Fraud Ever
- 3rd Party Companies Making Billions Off Unauthorized Phone Charges
- Woman Details Escaping Enslavement In Texas Home
- Fed Up With Menu, Students Stage Lunchroom Boycott