CARROLLTON (CBSDFW.COM) – A passing Sport Utility Vehicle struck a police cruiser while the Carrollton officer was assisting a stranded motorist Saturday night, department spokesman Jon Stovall said.
A woman driving a black SUV hit the officer’s car at 10 p.m. Saturday on northbound Interstate 35 at President George Bush Turnpike. Stovall said the woman had a 7-year-old boy in the car with her.
The woman and the child were taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries. Stovall said the officer was outside the cruiser helping the motorist and was not struck.
The stranded motorist hurt himself jumping over the guardrail to avoid the woman’s SUV, Stovall said.
“He got some cuts and bruises on his hands and landed on the ground hard, hurting his back,” Stovall wrote in an email.
Stovall did not know if the woman and boy were related. He said the suspect will be charged with felony DWI and Intoxication Assault.
Nobody has been identified.
Also Check Out:
- Fort Worth Naked Man Sentenced To 18 Years In Prison
- Rockwall Doc Charged In Biggest U.S. Healthcare Fraud Ever
- 3rd Party Companies Making Billions Off Unauthorized Phone Charges
- Woman Details Escaping Enslavement In Texas Home
- Fed Up With Menu, Students Stage Lunchroom Boycott