GRAND PRAIRIE (CBSDFW.COM) – City and state investigators took part in a major counterfeit bust at Traders Village in Grand Prairie.
Grand Prairie police, along with the Department of Homeland Security and others, conducted a joint sting operation targeting those selling counterfeit perfumes and colognes.
During the sting, investigators, trained to recognize counterfeit perfume and cologne, made purchases at several booths inside Traders Village. The booths selling counterfeit merchandise were subsequently shut down and their inventory seized.
When all was said and done, some 1,000 bottles of counterfeit cologne and perfumes were confiscated. Authorities valued the potential loss to the cologne and perfume industry at more than $65,000.
Also Check Out:
- Texas Nurse Accused Of Killing Patients With Bleach IVs
- 55-Year-Old Grandma Wants To Be Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader
- Parents Use Hidden Camera To Capture Abuse Of Autistic Son
- Fort Worth Naked Man Sentenced To 18 Years In Prison
- Fed Up With Menu, Students Stage Lunchroom Boycott