DALLAS (AP) - Kansas forward Thomas Robinson has been voted the Big 12′s best player by league coaches, while Bill Self was picked as co-coach of the year along with Iowa State’s Fred Hoiberg.
Robinson was joined on the All-Big 12 first team on Sunday by teammate Tyshawn Taylor. The Cyclones’ Royce White, Marcus Denmon of Missouri and J’Covan Brown rounded out the five-member squad.
Baylor’s Quincy Acy and Pierre Jackson made the second team along with Missouri’s Ricardo Ratliffe, Oklahoma State’s Keiton Page and Rodney McGruder of Kansas State.
Bears forward Perry Jones III was joined on the third team by Iowa State’s Scott Christopherson, the Jayhawks’ Jeff Withey and Missouri guards Kim English and Phil Pressey.
Baylor’s Quincy Miller and Oklahoma State’s Le’Bryan Nash were co-freshmen of the year. White was the top newcomer, Withey the top defender and Michael Dixon of Missouri the best sixth man.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Fort Worth Naked Man Sentenced To 18 Years In Prison
- Rockwall Doc Charged In Biggest U.S. Healthcare Fraud Ever
- 3rd Party Companies Making Billions Off Unauthorized Phone Charges
- Woman Details Escaping Enslavement In Texas Home
- Fed Up With Menu, Students Stage Lunchroom Boycott