DALLAS (AP) - Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner is making a whirlwind visit to Dallas and Fort Worth to promote the transportation elements of President Barack Obama’s proposed budget for 2013.
A statement from the Treasury Department says Geithner will highlight a proposed multiyear surface transportation reauthorization bill during his Thursday visit.
Early Thursday afternoon, he will tour Burlington Northern Santa Fe’s intermodal rail facility near Alliance Airport in far north Fort Worth to focus attention on the president’s push for domestic infrastructure development.
Later in the afternoon, he will speak to business leaders at the Dallas Regional Chamber on the state of the economy and job creation efforts in a conversation.
(© Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Also Check Out:
- Texas Nurse Accused Of Killing Patients With Bleach IVs
- 55-Year-Old Grandma Wants To Be Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader
- Parents Use Hidden Camera To Capture Abuse Of Autistic Son
- Fort Worth Naked Man Sentenced To 18 Years In Prison
- Fed Up With Menu, Students Stage Lunchroom Boycott