LAVON (KRLD) - A team of military explosives experts from Fort Hood were brought to a home in Collin County to dispose of an unexploded mortar shell that was found in the backyard of a home in the city of Lavon.
The specialists successfully removed what may have been a live mortar round from the vacant home Saturday.
It was found by a cleaning crew Friday, and appeared to be old military ordnance.
The soldiers took it away without incident, searched the vacant house and property for traces of any other explosives before returning to Fort Hood.
Also Check Out:
- Texas Nurse Accused Of Killing Patients With Bleach IVs
- 55-Year-Old Grandma Wants To Be Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader
- Parents Use Hidden Camera To Capture Abuse Of Autistic Son
- Fort Worth Naked Man Sentenced To 18 Years In Prison
- Fed Up With Menu, Students Stage Lunchroom Boycott