MESQUITE (CBSDFW.COM) – A suspected drunk driver is responsible for two traffic accidents in Mesquite -– one of them with a Mesquite Police Department patrol car.
According to Lt. Bill Hedgpeth, police were first notified about a potential dangerous situation when the suspect ran into an 18-wheeler.
“Got a call of a hit and run accident involving that vehicle, near Town East Mall on [Interstate] 635,” Hedgpeth explained, “And moments later that vehicle continued northbound and struck one of our Mesquite police cars that was on a traffic stop.”
The police officer has non-life-threatening injuries.
“He’s up walking around and they are going to transport him [to the hospital] as a precaution,” Hedgpeth said.
The driver of the car was taken into police custody and transported to an area hospital.
Also Check Out:
- Texas Nurse Accused Of Killing Patients With Bleach IVs
- 55-Year-Old Grandma Wants To Be Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader
- Parents Use Hidden Camera To Capture Abuse Of Autistic Son
- Fort Worth Naked Man Sentenced To 18 Years In Prison
- Fed Up With Menu, Students Stage Lunchroom Boycott