DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – A fixture in Dallas for more than 40 years, the White Rock Marathon will see some changes this year.
Not only has the start and finish line for the 26.2-mile race been moved, but it also has a new date.
The 2012 Dallas White Rock Marathon will begin and end in downtown Dallas –near the Dallas Convention Center and new Omni Hotel.
This is the race’s fourth major venue change since it started and finished at White Rock Lake, from 1971 to 1982. For the last two years the marathon began and ended at Fair Park.
Organizers said the goal of the move is to highlight the city’s newest landmarks.
The date of the race has also been pushed back one week. This year the marathon will be held on December 9.
According to race chairman Kevin Snyder, each year the Children’s Medical Center Holiday Parade is held downtown, since the White Rock Marathon will also be downtown the race was moved to the second weekend in December.
Registration for the Dallas White Rock Marathon opens on June 1. Visit runtherock.com for more information.
Also Check Out:
- Police Given Direct Line To Cell Phone Searches
- Viewers Get Phone Bill Credits After CBS 11 Investigation
- Justin Bieber Tweets Out Dallas Phone Number
- Carjacking Victim Wants Dog Back For Special Needs Brother
- Texas Nurse Accused Of Killing Patients With Bleach IVs