DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Dallas police and the FBI are investigating a hate crime.
According to Dallas police, it was early Tuesday morning when as many as five people attacked two men with baseball bats. The incident happened around 2 a.m. near the intersection of Audelia Road and Forest Lane.
The victims reportedly told police that just before the attack a dark colored, 4-door vehicle approached them and the individuals inside shouted anti-gay comments.
The police report states that one man told officers he lost consciousness after being hit in the head four times.
The executive director of the Resource Center of Dallas, Cece Cox, said often hate crimes go unreported.
“Many times people are afraid they may be outed or there’s lots of reasons… they’re afraid they could lose their job if they find out they’re gay, if people find out they were in the gay entertainment district,” explained Cox.
Dallas police said the attack is being investigated as a hate crime and ask that anyone with information about the incident call (214) 671-3616.
Also Check Out:
- Police Given Direct Line To Cell Phone Searches
- Viewers Get Phone Bill Credits After CBS 11 Investigation
- Justin Bieber Tweets Out Dallas Phone Number
- Carjacking Victim Wants Dog Back For Special Needs Brother
- Texas Nurse Accused Of Killing Patients With Bleach IVs