ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.COM) – A man was killed after being struck by two cars in Arlington.
Henry Makaye, 49, was trying to cross South Cooper, near Lovers Lane, shortly after dark on Thursday night, when he was run over by two cars.
Arlington officials describe Cooper Street as a wide and sometimes dangerous road.
“It’s basically a highway… in essence,” said Arlington Police Department Spokesperson Tiara Richard. “It’s got multiple lanes, at least six lanes each direction, north and southbound, so that’s a lot of street to cross for someone to do on foot.
According to Richard, Makaye did not use the crosswalk.
“He was struck by one vehicle and then subsequently struck by a second vehicle that just wasn’t able to avoid the man that was in the roadway,” she said.
Police say both drivers stopped after hitting the man and are cooperating with the investigation. Richard said, “We don’t expect charges to be filed against them.”
This marks the fourth traffic death in Arlington this year.
Also Check Out:
- Police Given Direct Line To Cell Phone Searches
- Viewers Get Phone Bill Credits After CBS 11 Investigation
- Justin Bieber Tweets Out Dallas Phone Number
- Carjacking Victim Wants Dog Back For Special Needs Brother
- Texas Nurse Accused Of Killing Patients With Bleach IVs