WASHINGTON (CBS NEWS) - Video games like “Space Invaders” used to be confined to small screens at home and in video arcades. But not anymore. Now, they’re playing at the Smithsonian American Art Museum, which is celebrating video games through the years. “You could say video games are a great grassroots expression of culture and in some cases art in our democracy,” said museum director Betsy Broun. “I guess what surprised me was just the sort of joyful excitement in the games.” Broun said the video game exhibit — the first ever at a major American museum — has caused so much excitement that it will travel to 10 other cities, illustrating a growing understanding of the public fascination with games.
Also Check Out:
- Police Given Direct Line To Cell Phone Searches
- Viewers Get Phone Bill Credits After CBS 11 Investigation
- Justin Bieber Tweets Out Dallas Phone Number
- Carjacking Victim Wants Dog Back For Special Needs Brother
- Texas Nurse Accused Of Killing Patients With Bleach IVs