Corsicana Minister Charged With Sexual Assault Of A Child

gary welch 1 Corsicana Minister Charged With Sexual Assault Of A Child

Gary Welch (credit: Facebook)

CORSICANA (CBSDFW.COM)- A Corsicana minister has been arrested on a charge that he sexually assaulted a teenager.

Gary Welch, 42, is accused of aggravated sexual assault of a child.

Corsicana police say the alleged victim, who is 16, told an officer on Saturday that Welch had sexually assaulted her since 2009.

In a news release, police say Welch works as the Minister to Students at Northside Baptist Church in Corsicana.

Officers arrested Welch on Monday.  He was arraigned on $150,000 bond.

In a telephone interview, Police Chief Randy Bratton says his officers do not know of any other victims, but they are still investigating.

Comments

1. BryanJ says:

I’ve been victimized by that photo. Where do I report it? My heart goes out to this young woman. Just to be safe, I recommend all children stay away from religious authority figures.

1. KRS says:

to say every child needs to stay away from religious authority figure is just wrong. Really youve been victimized by him… why haven’t you reported it before now???

2. Thomas Magness says:

I am shocked to see this. I have known Gary for a long time. He was the youth minister when I was going to First Baptist Church in Ennis. This is not who he is. I refuse to believe this. He is a family man with 2 wonderful children, and a wonderful wife. I have known his wife family since I was a little kid paying soccer.

3. Tim Hurst says:

southern baptists

4. FedUpTxn says:

Sad if he did it, sad if he didn’t. Either way, there’s a victim.

5. kelsie says:

Ive know Gary for a really long time and he would never do anything like that… you dont need to say ANYTHING bad about someone you don’t even know or dont even know if its true. Know the facts before you run your mouth!!!

6. Wayne says:

He must have gotten his inspiration from some of the divine scriptures, like (Exodus 21:1-11), (Judges 21), (Judges 11:29-40 and Isaiah 13:16), and thus decided to literally act upon the word. Fortunately, nobody was killed this time around.

7. Ginger says:

You may THINK you know him, family man or not, this took a lot of courage for this girl to come forward. He has a BROTHER that decieved a lot of good people with lies and deception as well. Think of the many Ministers and Clergy that have taken advantage of youth using the Church !!!! WAKE UP

8. HeyZues says:

I defer judgement of this man until ALL the facts are in. if he did do it, hang him high.. If he is innocent, sue the girl and her family for every dime they will ever make. Sexual assault is terrible, however false accusations ruin people too. Let’s see the facts and go from there.

Comments are closed.