FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) - Street flooding caused traffic delays for commuters Tuesday morning. One lane of northbound Interstate-35W was shut down between Meacham Boulevard and Interstate-820 due to high water on the road.
Cars moved slowly through the flood waters, which caused major backups during the morning rush hour.
Crews tried to control the flooding, which was caused from construction runoff. Cranes were used to dig runoff ditches to keep the water off of the highway.
The rain completely flooded the area on the side of Interstate-35W, where construction crews are typically seen working to widen the highway. The area of north Fort Worth is prone to congestion.
Flooding occurred throughout North Texas, not only on highways, but on side streets and neighborhoods, resulting in numerous street closures.
Also Check Out:
- Police Given Direct Line To Cell Phone Searches
- Viewers Get Phone Bill Credits After CBS 11 Investigation
- Justin Bieber Tweets Out Dallas Phone Number
- Carjacking Victim Wants Dog Back For Special Needs Brother
- Texas Nurse Accused Of Killing Patients With Bleach IVs