NEW YORK (CBS NEWS) - Windows 8 will hit store shelves this October, according to a new report. Microsoft is said to be finishing work on the new operating system this summer. A source close to the matter revealed the release schedule to Bloomberg, but “declined to be named.” The alleged production schedule is aligned with the holiday shopping season. Hardware companies will have time to include Windows 8 in new smartphones and tablets. The new operating system — successor to Windows 7 — will work with devices running in Intel and ARM chips. Windows 8′s user interface is a shift away from the traditional Windows desktop. Microsoft’s new ‘Metro’ style is more geared toward a touchscreen interface, with tiled icons.
Also Check Out:
- Police Given Direct Line To Cell Phone Searches
- Viewers Get Phone Bill Credits After CBS 11 Investigation
- Justin Bieber Tweets Out Dallas Phone Number
- Carjacking Victim Wants Dog Back For Special Needs Brother
- Texas Nurse Accused Of Killing Patients With Bleach IVs