NEW YORK (AP) – The NFL has suspended New Orleans head coach Sean Payton for the 2012 season, and former Saints defensive coordinator Gregg Williams is banned from the league indefinitely because of the team’s bounty program that targeted opposing players.
Commissioner Roger Goodell will review Williams’ status after the upcoming season and consider whether he can return to the league.
Also Wednesday, Goodell suspended Saints general manager Mickey Loomis for the first eight regular-season games of 2012, and assistant coach Joe Vitt has to sit out the first six games.
In addition, the Saints are being fined $500,000 and forfeit second-round draft picks this year and in 2013.
@DrewBrees “I am speechless. Sean Payton is a great man, coach, and mentor. The best there is. I need to hear an explanation for this punishment”
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Also Check Out:
- Police Given Direct Line To Cell Phone Searches
- Viewers Get Phone Bill Credits After CBS 11 Investigation
- Justin Bieber Tweets Out Dallas Phone Number
- Carjacking Victim Wants Dog Back For Special Needs Brother
- Texas Nurse Accused Of Killing Patients With Bleach IVs