NEW YORK (CBS NEWS) - Would you give up sex or showers for access to Facebook? New data yields surprising results.
Part of a recent report published by The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) includes a survey of consumers in the G-20 countries, asking them what lifestyle habit they would sacrifice for one year to keep the internet. BCG surveyed about 1,000 people in each of several G-20 nations on what “lifestyle habit” they would give up instead of the internet for a year, including sex, alcohol, showers and cars. Most of the results for items like coffee, chocolate and fast food were steady with averages of 70-80 percent. The biggest discrepancies among nations were in lifestyle habits like showering, sex and driving.
A moderate 21 percent of Americans would give up sex to keep the internet on for a year. Japan topped the list of citizens who would make the sacrifice, with 56 percent who would abstain from sex. Brazilians were the least likely to give up sex for the web access — only 12 percent surveyed would give it up.
Also Check Out:
- AA Passenger Causes Disturbance After Leaving DFW Airport
- Bieber Tweet Overwhelms Dallas Grandmother With Frenzied Fans
- Viewers Get Phone Bill Credits After CBS 11 Investigation
- Carjacking Victim Wants Dog Back For Special Needs Brother
- Doctor Discusses Computer Vision Syndrome