$1.5 Million Baseball Card Going On Auction Block
Get Breaking News First
Sports Fan Insider
ST. LOUIS (CBSDFW.COMAP) – Bill Goodwin of suburban St. Louis has been in the collectibles business for a quarter of a century, but he says the 102-year-old baseball card he’s putting up for auction starting Tuesday is about as good as it gets.
Goodwin will begin an online auction for a 1909 Honus Wagner baseball card, one of the most sought-after sports collectibles in the world. Goodwin expects the card to fetch at least $1 million and perhaps as much as $1.5 million.
The card is owned by a Houston businessman who has asked not to be identified. The auction continues through April 19.
In 2007, a different Honus Wagner baseball card sold for $2.3 million.
It isn’t the only valuable card that is part of the auction. Goodwin is also auctioning a rare Eddie Plank card that could be worth up to $500,000.
Also Check Out:
- AA Passenger Causes Disturbance After Leaving DFW Airport
- Bieber Tweet Overwhelms Dallas Grandmother With Frenzied Fans
- Viewers Get Phone Bill Credits After CBS 11 Investigation
- Carjacking Victim Wants Dog Back For Special Needs Brother
- Doctor Discusses Computer Vision Syndrome
(Copyright 2012 by CBS Local. The Associated Press contributed to this report. All Rights Reserved.)