AUSTIN (AP) – Texas freshman Myck Kabongo has decided not to enter the NBA draft and will return for another season.
The Canadian guard said Monday he wanted “to get this out of the way now” because the Longhorns were about to start individual offseason workouts.
Texas made its 14th straight NCAA tournament appearance this season, losing to Cincinnati 65-59 in the first round.
Leading scorer J’Covan Brown has denied reports that he is skipping his senior season to enter the NBA draft. If Brown leaves, Kabongo and fellow freshman Sheldon McClellan will be the top returning scorers for the Longhorns.
McClellan averaged 11.3 points, while Kabongo scored 9.6 points per game, led the team in assists and steals and was the only player besides Brown to start all 34 games.
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- AA Passenger Causes Disturbance After Leaving DFW Airport
- Bieber Tweet Overwhelms Dallas Grandmother With Frenzied Fans
- Viewers Get Phone Bill Credits After CBS 11 Investigation
- Carjacking Victim Wants Dog Back For Special Needs Brother
- Doctor Discusses Computer Vision Syndrome